Beer Soaked Steak Nachos
June 29, 2012
|10 min||15 min||25 min|
FAGE Total 0%
|Quick and Easy||Beef||Shellfish-Free|
|Snacks/On the Go|
- For the Steak:
- - 2 round steaks
- - 1 bottle of beer
- For the Spicy BBQ Beans:
- - 1/4 cup chorizo sausage, chopped
- - 1 small red onion, sliced
- - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- - 1/4 red chili, chopped
- - 1 can baked beans
- - 1/3 cup beef stock or water
- For the Dressing:
- - 1 fresh lime
- - 1 bunch cilantro also known as coriander
- - 1 cup FAGE Total 0% Greek Yogurt
- - Salt and pepper
- Additional Items:
- - Tortilla chips
- - 1/4 cup cheddar, grated (optional)
- Marinate the steaks in the beer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently fry the chorizo, onion, garlic and chili.
- Add the beans and stock to the frying pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Juice and zest lime in a separate bowl.
- Chop half the cilantro and mix with FAGE Total 0% Greek Yogurt and lime.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Place the tortilla chips in an oval dish and warm through in the oven.
- Fry the steaks to your liking and leave to rest.
- Pour the beans into the middle of the tortilla chips. Slice the steak and place on top.
- Garnish with yogurt dressing and the rest of the cilantro.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese (optional) and share.
Marinated beef steak adds something special to this traditional nachos dish. The cilantro and lime Greek yogurt add a cooling finish to the fiery chorizo and chilis.
* These recipes were submitted by our users. We are not responsible for any errors or suggestions.