Carrot and Yogurt Cake
March 2, 2011
|20 min||1 h||1 h 20 min|
FAGE Total Classic
- 1 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the carrots, yogurt, orange juice, sugar, golden raisins, sunflower seeds, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, thoroughly mix the flour, wheat germ, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Fold the dry ingredients gradually into the carrot mixture until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 12 in x 7.5 in rectangular cake tin, and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 2 hours, cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
To make this even more delicious, mix together the ingredients below until it forms a smooth paste. Spread on top of cake and decorate with walnuts. | 1/2 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt | 1/2 cup full-fat soft cream cheese | 4 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature) | 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar | 16 walnut pieces (optional)
* These recipes were submitted by our users. We are not responsible for any errors or suggestions.