March 2, 2011
|5 min||20 min||25 min|
FAGE Total Classic
- 1 lb 5oz potatoes, peeled and roughly cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
- 14 oz can of chickpeas, drained
- Bunch of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Boil water with a pinch of salt. Place potatoes and cook until just soft.
- Place 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan, add chopped onion and garlic. Fry until translucent.
- Drain the potatoes, add the onion and garlic mix. Mash roughly until almost smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Form into small patties, using clean hands to shape them.
- Return to the frying pan, add remaining oil and cook gently until crisp and golden on outside and warmed through. Flip halfway through cooking so both sides brown.
- Serve with mango chutney or spicy salsa.
Substitute the chickpeas for left-over chicken, chopped cooked bacon or cooked smoked fish for a variety of different tasty meal ideas.
* These recipes were submitted by our users. We are not responsible for any errors or suggestions.