Cornish Curry Sauce
March 2, 2011
|30 min||1 h||1 h 30 min|
FAGE Total Classic
- 2 oz butter
- 10 ml olive oil
- 2 large, finely chopped onions
- 1 finely chopped clove garlic
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- 8.8 oz FAGE Total Yogurt
- 2 cloves
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp each ground ginger and cinnamon
- 1 tsp sweet pickle or chutney
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 0.6 fl oz stock or water
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oil and butter in pan until sizzling.
- Add onions and garlic and fry gently until pale gold.
- Stir in curry powder, flour and add yogurt and cloves.
- Add puree, ginger, cinnamon, pickle, lemon juice and sugar.
- Gradually blend in stock or water, stirring, and slowly bring to boil.
- Lower heat, season with salt and cover pan.
- Simmer slowly for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- This sauce may be strained and reheated before use.
Chef's Tip | This sauce is delicious poured over hard-boiled eggs or combined with pieces of cooked fish, chicken, vegetables, or even turkey.
* These recipes were submitted by our users. We are not responsible for any errors or suggestions.