FAGE Total Greek Yogurt Greek Eggs Benedict
June 30, 2011
FAGE Total Classic
- 8 biscuits
- 8 medium Canadian bacon slices
- 1 1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- FAGE Total Greek Yogurt Hollandaise sauce
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- FAGE Total Yogurt Hollandaise ingredients:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice |1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp Siracha pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, warm & melted
- 3 tbsp FAGE Total yogurt
- Place 2 biscuits on each plate.
- Put salted water in a large skillet to the depth of about 2 inches. Add vinegar. And bring to a simmer.
- Gently sauté Canadian bacon in a dry sauté pan and keep warm.
- Warm a medium sauté pan with olive oil. Add Spinach and sauté until wilted. Season with salt & pepper and keep warm.
- When water with vinegar is just barely simmering, crack an egg into a small dish, then gently slide egg into water. Repeat with remaining 7 eggs. Cook 3 – 4 minutes.
- While eggs are poaching, top each biscuit with 1 slice of Canadian bacon and sautéed spinach.
- With a slotted spoon, top the spinach with one poached egg.
- Spoon FAGE Total Greek Yogurt Hollandaise sauce over each egg and garnish with crumbled feta. Serve immediately.
- FAGE Total Yogurt Hollandaise:
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, mustard powder and pepper sauce in the bowl of the blender. Mix briefly to combine well.
- With machine running on low, gradually add the warm melted butter in a slow stream through the center opening of the lid.
- Transfer mixture into a double boiler over warm water (no flame). Whisk in yogurt. Serve warm, not hot.
Recipe created by Edward Magel on behalf of FAGE Total Greek Yogurt.
* These recipes were submitted by our users. We are not responsible for any errors or suggestions.