Moroccan Chick Pea & Vegetable Tagine with Herb FAGE Total Yogurt Dressing
May 3, 2011
|30 min||1 h 10 min||1 h 40 min|
FAGE Total Classic
|Main Dish||FAGE Total||Nut-Free|
- 1 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin, cinnamon and turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 1 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup baby corn
- 1/4 cup sugar snaps or
- 1/4 cup baby carrots
- 4 tsp chopped fresh parsley and coriander
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat half of oil in a pan. Add onion, garlic, and spices. Fry over a low to medium heat for five minutes until golden.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and stock. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir fry the vegetables in a separate frying pan or wok with remaining oil, then add to the chickpea mixture.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- To finish, add half the yogurt, adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
- For the herb yogurt dressing, mix the remaining yogurt, chopped parsley and coriander together.
Don’t boil the Tagine after adding the yogurt or it may split. Serve with couscous and a crisp salad.
* These recipes were submitted by our users. We are not responsible for any errors or suggestions.